Skwachàys Lodge Communicable Disease Prevention
In accordance with the July 1, 2021 Step 3 of the BC Restart plan, employers are no longer required to maintain a COVID-19 Safety Plan, and can instead transition to communicable disease prevention.
As of July 7th 2021, The Gallery and Lodge Manager has put in place appropriate Skwachàys Communicable Disease Prevention measures, in accordance with WorkSafe BC Health and Safety directions and information and under the Provincial Health Officer Statement for Employers on Transitioning from COVID-19 Safety Plans to Communicable Disease Plans, June 17, 2021. Updated orders of the Provincial Health Officer have been reviewed including ORDER OF THE PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICER (Pursuant to Sections 30, 31, 32 and 39 (3) Public Health Act, S.B.C. 2008) GATHERINGS AND EVENTS –July 7, 2021 and ORDER OF THE PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICER (Pursuant to Sections 30, 31, 32, and 39 (3) Public Health Act, S.B.C. 2008) FOOD AND LIQUOR SERVING PREMISES – June 30, 2021.
As of September 28th, 2021, with the new order of the Provincial Health Officer on mandatory masks, the Skwachàys Lodge Communicable Disease Prevention measures were updated for face coverings (required) in indoor public spaces – visitors, operators and workers.
The following key COVID-19 Safety Plan measures and updated Public Health Orders of the Provincial Health Officer (July 7 and June 30th) are being maintained by staff, guests, visitors and volunteers:
- Wearing a mask inside the Gallery and Lodge is MANDATORY.
- Occupancy in the Lodge and Gallery is limited to 50% of maximum capacity.
- The Skwachàys Lodge prohibits entry by anyone who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 10 days or has arrived from outside Canada, without full Canadian approved vaccinations within the last 14 days.
- The plexiglass barriers between guests and staff and the Lodge sanitizing stations are maintained.
- All are requested to follow directional arrows while in the Lodge and if communicating with the Guest Experience Agent, the Lodge and Gallery Manager or when checking in or out, to line up as noted by the floor signs.
- Guests are encouraged not to handle merchandise that they are not intending to purchase.
- Guests are encouraged to use the Sanitizer Station upon entry to the Lodge and the Sanitizer Station before checking in or purchasing good in the gallery
- Staff are required to follow appropriate hand washing, personal hygiene and sanitizer practices.
- Staff who exhibit any COVID-10 symptoms or are sick, are required to stay at home.
- Touch point and other regular cleaning schedules are to be adhered to by staff.
By Order (June 17th) for inside events:
No more than 50 persons, or 50% of the seated operating capacity of the place, excluding event staff, whichever number is greater, are present.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required, by order of the Provincial Health Officer. Please have your official proof of vaccination and government-issued photo ID ready. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe.
If there is a food or drink station:
- hand washing facilities or alcohol-based sanitizers are within easy reach of the station;
- signs reminding participants to wash or sanitize their hands before touching self serve food, drink or other items, are posted at the self-serve station; and
- high touch surfaces at the station, and utensils that are used for self- serve, are frequently cleaned and sanitized.
Seating of event participants, excluding event organizers is required, is required except when accessing self serve food and drink stations.